- Connie DiguessepeThe employment training program has helped my son express his passion and creativity through film, but most of all, it has allowed him to gain invaluable work experience in working with others and by being patient and understanding to the needs of others at work. What a great program! It allows youth to gain work experience that can be transferred to a really paying job.
- Martin Eran-TaskerJonathan has grown in confidence as he has been provided with an innovative environment that challenges him to think out of the box and take responsibility for his efforts, but more importantly provide him with the opportunity of an assistance role to others attending the program.
- Maria Niki BarzakosSpectrum Productions has such a deep understanding of autism that they provide a flexible, open minded and highly motivational place for students to learn marketable skills, such as learning various computer programs, video editing and using camera equipment. It is nice to see how good participants feel about themselves because they were in an environment where they were accepted for who they were, but at the same time challenged to expand their learning.
- Jane Nicholls & Kevin McdonoughTheir compassion and respect for individuals who express themselves uniquely – and sometimes with difficulty – is an invaluable quality, and it’s one that pervades the atmosphere at the Spectrum studio, where participants on the autism spectrum come together to create nothing short of magic!
- Simone PinkSpectrum has offered our son an avenue to explore and develop his vivid imagination. It is also a tremendous vehicle for him to share his world with others, and in doing so, helps bridge the gap of communication. Spectrum has helped our son William to better navigate his world and find his place in it.
- Jennifer BellSharing his videos with families and friends gives Robin a new way to connect with the people he loves and gives them an insight into his unique and fascinating personality. The collaborative nature and our son’s great interest in the projects/process have encouraged him to socialize with his peers in a way we have not seen in any other setting.
- Carolyn DunnOur son is encouraged to use his own interests and talents to create unique and productive projects, rather than trying to accomplish basic repetitive tasks in an unadapted environment. We are thrilled to see our son really flourish in this type of setting. He learned how to create a video from beginning to end, how to cooperate as a team and how to present the final project. These are all wonderful experiences that help him grow as a person.
- Brooke Gardner‘Thank you so much Dan and Liam for letting me create more videos this past summer. I really enjoyed every minute of it. Looking forward to next summer for more video fun. Thank you from your camper brook’ - Brook Gardner, Filmmaker
- Eric BentSpectrum Productions has given us on the Autistic spectrum a chance to express ourselves with media and film making, and has already become a valuable resource for the participants and also to parents. I am extremely proud to be a part of it.
- William MitchellI love the work I do at Spectrum because I like making movies about my interests. This makes me feel special and important. The projects I work on are fun and interesting.
- Robert GirolamiBeing part of the internship program this past summer has given me the opportunity to gain work experience in a field that I truly enjoy and love. I finally feel like I have a place where I belong.
- Francesco BolognaSocial Club is amazing, especially the fact that you’re getting to meet new people and its an great social experience. I would definitely recommend Spectrum to anyone who wants to learn animation, film production or to let loose and have fun.
WHAT IS IT?
This popular animation club is based on creating cartoons, stop-motion animations and small productions with a focus on fun and collaboration. Students with an interest in animation and a little previous experience can come hone their skills and learn some new tricks. Each week participants will be engaged in a small workshop aimed at furthering their repertoire of skills and exposing them to areas of animation that may be outside their current area of interest.