CREATIVE MEDIA LAB
WHAT IS IT?
This internship program is based on developing employment and creative skills as part of the Spectrum video production team. Positions are offered to students who show particular talent and interest in video and media production and wish to develop their skills. This program runs September to June and targets youth aged 17 and up.
- Safak Eran-TaskerSpectrum Productions gives my son a purpose and a place to belong. My son’sjourney into an independent life is by no means over, but with a unique place likeSpectrum in our corner, it is not out of reach.
- Eric BentMy work ethic have also improved, as I have now been working in a regular team environment for the first time in a while, have made quite a few friends and met a lot of interesting people, which in turn is further helping my social skills.
- Eric BentSpectrum Productions has given us on the Autistic spectrum a chance to express ourselves with media and film-making, and has already become a valuable resource for the participants and also to parents, and I am extremely proud to be a part of it.
- Jon Eran-TaskerAs you can see I’ve been through stop-motion animations to Green screen to editing video and adding sound effects as well.
- William MitchellI love the work I do at Spectrum Productions because I like making movies about my special interests.This makes me feel special and important. The projects I work on are fun and interesting.
- Francesco BolognaStage program is also amazing, you get to work on all kinds of projects and gain work experience which helps improve your c.v in case you're job hunting.
- Robert GirolamiBeing part of the stage program, this past summer, has given me the opportunity to gain work experience in a field that I truly enjoy and love.
- Carolyn DunnOur son is encouraged to use his own interests and talents to create unique and productive projects, rather than trying to accomplish basic repetitive tasks in an unadapted environment. We are thrilled to see our son really flourish in this type of setting.
- Carolyn DunnThe success Peter is with experiencing Spectrum Productions is extremely valuable to his development as a young autistic adult.
- Doug MitchellWe have every confidence that with the support of Spectrum Productions, our son will be able to find an outlet for his talents that will lead to him to actually making positive contributions to society.
- Connie DiguessepeThe stage has helped him express his passion and creativity through film, but most of all, it has allowed to gain invaluable work experience in working with others – by being patient and understanding to the needs of others at work. What a great program, it allows our children to gain work experience that can be transferred to a really paying job.
- Martin Eran-TaskerJonathan has grown in confidence as he has been provided with an innovative environment that challenges him to think out of the box and take responsibility for his efforts but more importantly provide him with opportunity of an assistance role to others attending the program.
- Maria- Niki BartzakosSpectrum Productions have such a deep understanding of autism, that they provide a flexible, open minded and highly motivational place for students to learn marketable skills, such as using various computer programs, video editing, and using camera equipment.
- Maria- Niki BartzakosBefore Spectrum, these students wiped tables or stacked shelves, but now they were doing more meaningful and satisfying type of tasks.
- Maria Niki BarzakosIt was nice to see how good they felt about themselves, because they were in an environment where they were accepted for who they were, but at the same time challenged to expand their learning.